The Smith College Squash Team and the Smith College Student Athletic Advisory Committee are joining forces to sponsor a Hit for Haiti” Squash & Racketball Tournament this Saturday, April 12, 2010.
Donations to the SAAC coin jar are encouraged for those participating in “free” events – these donations and 100% of tournament entry fees will be donated to the Red Cross through SAAC.
- Free play on court #1 all day – just drop by and play and make a donation to our coin jar!
- Free squash, racketball & racketball doubles clinics for new players.
- Exhibition racketball match between Smith Coach Tim Bacon and MHC Coach Allen Fitzsimmons
- Kids “intro to racket sports” clinic
- Tournament draws for beginning and experienced players.
Free Clinics (coin donations encouraged):
- 9:00 – 9:30 – kids intro to racket sports with Tim Bacon & Smith Squash Team
- 10:30 – 11:00 – British Racketball Clinic for those who have never played…
- 3:00 – 3:30 British Racketball Doubles clinic – perfect for squash players who also want a more “social” fitness event…
- Women’s Squash A/B, C/D, Novice
- Men’s Squash A/B, C/D, 50+, 60+
- Women’s Racketball Open, Novice
- Racketball Men’s Open, Men’s Novice (Rental racquets available for $2/racquet)
- Women’s Racketball Doubles, Men’s Racketball Doubles, Men’s 50+ Racketball Doubles (Rental racquets available for $2/racquet)
**Contact Tim Bacon if you are unsure of your classification or have any questions about the events**
- Squash tournament events start at 9:00 a.m. – Finals start 1:30 to 2:30 pm.
- Racketball events to be played 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- Minimum of two matches – maximum of three per event (categories may be combined if entries warrant it)
- Full-time students – donation to coin jar
- Others: $20 for first event, $5/each for additional events (e.g., racketball singles, racketball doubles)
Friday, April 9th – 9:00 a.m. E-mail preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Tim at 413-330-8222. Draws to be posted on this website at noon. No-shows will be charged the full entry fee.
WSF rules of squash and British Racketball Rules apply. Non-marking shoes and approved eyeguards mandatory. Tournament Director: Tim Bacon.